Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mixed News!

Good news first! Betty is still alive and clucking but not quite the same after eating that red back spider, she has a funny neck spasm that makes her look rather odd when it happens, maybe nothing to do with the spider just a coincidence?



Poor Rough Red is running around ok now, but not very social with the others (bullying I think) my 'house mate' suggested that if I don't like to isolate her I should isolate the other 3 from her!!!!! he comes out with some little gems sometimes!



I picked Red up this morning and she is very light, losing weight I think will get some cat food tomorrow. A site I was on said it provided extra protein the chooks love it..and it encourages feathers to grow...





A lovely natured horse called Jack has revisited the far back yard. There is no grass anywhere in the paddocks around his home so instead of me mowing whats left of the grass, he gets a few days of feed here and I collect the droppings! I am allergic to horses (and dogs) but if I don't have close contact I can cope for awhile.



Had to order more water for the house this morning. It is supposed to rain in a couple of days but I can't go without my cup of coffee and even the chooks would be offended if I didn't shower till then!!!



The vegies survived but some of the smaller seedlings look a bit sad, maybe it is the hot sun and not the manure, the ground is hotter than 'real soil' I put grass clippings all over it and that helps but I soon move into some shade in the middle of the day so I can imagine how a small seedling feels.



I have a new passion during the hotter parts of the day to keep me busy.. collecting seed from vegies, plants herbs and trees and potting them up in the shade. I am having a lot of success and have given my family boot loads of plants herbs etc in large pots. Even put lettuces in big pots and sent them off....I'll let you know if that was succesfull.

No comments: