Thursday, January 10, 2008

Free range chooks, home grown vegies what a life!

Here it is nearly two years since my last post and its hard to imagine what my life would have been like if 'plan A' had eventuated. I am still in my original home and will stay here now.Now Chooks, vegies, travel and surviving on tank water all form 'plan B'. My chook family keep me laughing and entertained, my vegies keep me healthy and my tank water woes keep me fit as I run around trying to stay ahead of it all!!!!



Let me introduce 'The Girls' (chooks);






ROUGH RED (bush pig) !! BLACK BETTY













BINDI


and we couldn't forget the DIVA (real name Chickadee)
















More about these charactors later, all I will say now is that, it is all well in the Hen House at the moment ...stay tuned though!!



THE VEGIE PATCH is up and running and providing goodies, there's a long way to go to feed the hungry of the world !!! but there has been some amazing produce come out of it. You just don't get that home grown taste from the supermarket. I've picked out a picture for you, of when it looked very lush and healthy on New Years Eve.


A Big Thank You to the Girls for all their assistance too!!! Scraps in one end manure out the other! But best of all organic bug catchers (and they keep the spiders from

running up my trouser legs too) !!!



Temperature- 29C

Wind- gale force

Water storage - empty!

No comments: